Injury or Illness

What to do if you are injured at work or exposed to something potentially infectious

Seek medical treatment as soon as possible! University employees should immediately go to the nearest HealthPartners Occupational and Environmental Medicine (HPOEM) location during normal and urgent care hours on a walk-in basis. It is recommended that you call ahead at (952) 883-6999 to reduce wait times. If you cannot get through by phone, proceed directly to the clinic.

Riverside Clinic: 2220 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis
St. Paul Clinic: 205 S. Wabasha Street, St. Paul
RiverWay Clinic: 601 Jacob Lane, Anoka
West Clinic: 5100 Gamble Dr, Ste 100, St. Louis Park

Outside of normal hours, call the HPOEM 24/7 CareLine at (612) 339-3663 or 1-800-284-9745 (TTY 952-883-5474) for directions on where to go for treatment or visit the nearest Emergency Department.

Report Your Incident

  • Employees must complete the electronic University of Minnesota First Report of Injury Form (E-FROI) online within 8 business hours after injury. This is required to ensure appropriate follow-up and eligibility for Workers Compensation coverage.
  • Report the incident to your supervisor as soon as possible. Your Supervisor must complete UM 1533: Supervisor Incident Investigation Report (doc) within 24 business hours after notification of injury.
  • If exposure has occurred during work on an IBC protocol, send Incident Report Form to the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC).

For additional information on reporting Workers Compensation Related Injuries, see Human Resources' Workers Compensation Policy.