Non-Fairview Employed Research Staff (NERS) Instructions

Individuals who apply for access to Fairview facilities as Non-Fairview Employed Research Staff (NERS) are employees of the University of Minnesota who require access to Fairview clinical areas for research purposes. They are not employed by Fairview.

Fairview Research Services Administration requires individuals to provide proof of TB testing and specific immunizations prior to gaining access to clinical areas. The University’s Biosafety and Occupational Health Department (BOHD) manages medical surveillance (tracking) of these immunization and test records for University employees and provides a compliance report to Fairview. BOHD does not share your medical records with Fairview.

Detailed information about your specific requirements can be found on Fairview's NERS instructions page.

How to Submit your Required Immunizations and Tests

Submit a copy of an official clinic record, international immunization card, or record from an official state immunization database.

To authorize your healthcare provider to release your immunization history to BOHD, fill out the Authorization for the Release of Health Information Form and send it to your health care provider. Do not send this form to UHS-OH. Note: Some providers may take 2 weeks or more to respond to requests for records.

Fax: (612) 626-9643. This a confidential fax in a secured location.

Email: Note: Email is not a guaranteed secure way to transmit private information. If you choose to submit by email anyway, scan your record as a PDF and attach. Photos of documents will not be accepted.

U.S. Mail
University Health and Safety–Biosafety and Occupational Health
Thompson Center for Environmental Management
501 23rd Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

If you need a Vaccination, Booster, Titer, or TB Test

Visit our Clinical Services page for information on making an appointment at HealthPartners, the University's designated occupational health care provider. Your department must provide an EFS string to Occupational Health to cover the cost of the required services.

Your completed immunization and test information can be viewed on the OH Portal.


Hepatitis B declination forms are available from the Fairview Research Administration office.

Point of Contact

Contact Natalie Berres or (612) 672-1690 for questions about the NERS program or your requirements. There is also information at Fairview's NERS website.