Information for Visitors Who Work Around Animals
Short-term visitors to the University whose work will not involve non-human primates or working in BSL-3 facilities may waive participation in Research Occupational Health Program (ROHP) by filling out the Short-term Visitors Waiver of Participation in Research Occupational Health Program.
Short-term visitors to the University whose work will involve non-human primates may waive participation in Research Occupational Health Program (ROHP) by filling out the Waiver of Participation in University of Minnesota Research Occupational Health Program for Visitors to Non-human Primate Research Facilities.
Visitors who will be at the University longer than 5 days may only waive participation in ROHP if they certify that they are enrolled in a comparable occupational health care program associated with animal care and use at their home institution.
Instructions for Adding External Personnel (Persons of Interest) to Research Occupational Health Program
- Principal Investigator (PI) sponsors an x500/email account for external personnel using ITs How to Request Accounts instruction page. PI provides email account information to person of interest (POI).
- PI submits add/change personnel form for persons of interest to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- PI provides POI name, x500, date of birth, gender, and animal species listed on protocol to Biosafety and Occupational Health Department (BOHD) at firstname.lastname@example.org so ROHP account can be created.
- BOHD sends alternate instructions, including paper Animal Exposure Questionnaire (AEQ), Release of Health Information form, and Training Hub instructions, to POI’s University email account.
- POI completes and returns AEQ to BOHD at email@example.com, sends requested immunization records, and forwards Training Hub completion email(s) to BOHD as requested in initial email.